Reimbursements for Developer Meetings
The QGIS project holds twice-yearly developer meetings, typically somewhere
in Europe. The purpose of the meetings is to provide face-to-face time for
developers. It is a forum for presenting new ideas, planning, putting heads
together to solve problems and so on. We use funding from our QGIS Sponsorship Program
to facilitate the event, with co-funding from the host who usually
supplies the venue and the infrastructure for hosting the meeting. Individual
developers also co-fund the event by donating their time and in many cases
financially supporting their visit to the meeting directly.
Need a refund for QGIS HF expenses?
- If you are a contributor to the project (to either code, documentation, translation, or infrastructure), you think your participation to the HF will be useful for the project, and you do not have funds to cover for travelling and lodging, you can apply for refund, at least 40 days in advance
- When applying, please let us know (i) an estimate of the total amount required, and (ii) how your participation will contribute to QGIS
- Later applications (<40 days) will be taken into account, based on the budget available and the priorities of the PSC
- Please note that our funds are limited, so we’ll generally not be able to refund all participants
- Core devs (anyone with direct commit rights to the repository) and psc members will have priority on the allocation of funds
- At least 30 days in advance, PSC will communicate a decision to all those who applied
- The refund will be sent to your bank account after the HF, on the basis of the bills actually paid and sent to our Treasurer.
In case of doubt
The project steering committee shall provide arbitration for any query,
complaint or appeal relating to funding requests by individual developers. In
the event that the PSC is called apon to arbitrate, a resolution shall be
proposed and the PSC members shall vote using the -1 / 0 / +1 system to
indicate dissent, indifference and assent respectively. In the event of a
tie-break, the PSC Chairman shall make the final decision. The decision made
by the PSC shall be final.